I know, I haven’t posted anything in a VERY long time! I’ve had so much to tell you all, and show you, and no time to write it down. Hmmm…which reaffirms ANOTHER idea I want to pursue…oh, yeah, in my spare time!
So, with all this activity going on trying to get customer quilts done, of course I have to fix some mistakes, all on one quilt. Turns out that one of the reasons I had a mistake was THIS…my leaders started coming off!
They were hanging crooked and I hadn’t really noticed until my husband said something about it one afternoon a couple of weeks ago, but it never occurred to me that it was because they were coming un-taped. I thought maybe they were stretching. I mean, I used DUCK tape!! And no, that’s not a typo, it really was DUCK brand tape, not duct tape.
I don’t know how I did it without fussing and measuring everything, as I did when I first attached them to the pole, but I was able to tape them back into place and they’re hanging pretty evenly. Once I fix the boo-boos on this quilt, I’ll unroll the leaders again and add more tape.
In the meantime, my other big news is that I got a new job!! I’ve been hired to be a Business Intelligence Report Developer, which is a fancy way of saying I get to play with databases…something I’ve wanted to do for a VERY long time!! And I’m attending an online training this week that starts at 6:30 AM, working from home on my work laptop!! Yes, it STARTS at 6:30, because that’s 8:30 am Eastern time.
So, I’ve been tired and not doing anything in the quilting room this week. Since I’ve got lots saved up, though, it’ll be fun catching up, once I’m working on my own computer again.