My CueCat arrived this week and I was able to successfully “de-claw” it! That means that the barcode is no longer encrypted to a proprietary format and I can scan all my books into the DataCrow open source media cataloger software I found. So far I’ve got 51 books entered!
One thing leads to another, right? Well, because I needed to pull the books off the shelf to scan them, I decided to reorganize the shelf entirely. And that led to unscrewing one of the boards from the shelf holder in order to cut a semicircle into the board so I could run cords through it. Now that everything is back up it doesn’t look much different!
I did however get to work again with the audio cables and the mounted TV now plays audio through the stereo radio speakers, so that’s sort of cool. It makes me want to figure out how to mount the speakers and/or get an all-in-one receiver of some sort, as I used a three way switch for all of the components. I need to call the cable company to see if they have a smaller cable box; yes, we still use one as the other cable services that don’t require it cost more money! I still haven’t gotten the sound from the Linux box connected to the computer; that wouldn’t work for me for some reason and it sure bugs me! No matter, when I get a new computer my old XP box will get moved upstairs and then it will be a moot point.
I was able to load the customers quilt this week so it’s already to get quilted, and I have to work on my QuickBooks today, too. My back is sore from sitting at the computer all week and not moving around enough so I’d better go stretch and see what else I can get accomplished today.